Well, I’m feeling pretty good this morning. We went to Albertson’s last night on the way home from work and did some shopping; $131.07 in groceries for $33.73. Not bad for my first serious effort. Here’s the whole scoop!
Here’s what I got:-The regular price; What I paid; My savings; And the deal -what the coupon or discount was. (Sale prices were tied to having an Albertson’s card on top of the sale price.)
- 20 boxes of Totino’s Rolls - Reg $2.99 ea – I paid 33.5¢ each Savings: $2.65½ eachRaincheck from last weeks sale brought them to 50 cents each- I had 2 – 40¢ off 2 coupons and they just put up this week coupons for 50¢ off 3 so I was able to use 5 of those also.
- 1 Box of Raisin Bran $2.49 – (Not on sale, hubby was with me… impulse buy on his part.)
- 4 Boxes Cocoa Puffs Reg $3.89 ea – I paid $1.33 each Savings: $2.56 eachOn sale for $1.88 and coupons for 50¢ off.
- 7 Campbells Chunky Soups and one Select Harvest- Reg $2.99 ea – I paid 68.75¢ each Savings: $2.30¼ each The sale price on these were 4/$5 then I had the following coupons Save $2/4; $1.50/3 and $1 on one Select Harvest.
- 6 Small Dairygold Flavored Milk- Reg $1.39 ea – I paid 50¢ each Savings: 89¢ eachThe sale price was $1 each and I had 6 -50¢ coupons. (They were on the dairy case last week)
- 2 Spagettio’s- Reg $1.99 ea – I paid 25¢ each Savings: $1.75 each On Sale for 2/$1 I had a 50¢ off 2 coupon
- 5 Bar S Hotdogs- Reg $2.29 ea – I paid 88¢ each Savings: $1.40 eachIn the store add was coupon to get the first 5 for 88¢ each.
- Mushrooms- (Also a purchase by my dear hubby but at least they were on sale) Reg $3.99 lb – I paid $3.69 lb Savings: 30¢ lb
- Bean Sprouts- 67¢- (Also a purchase by my dear hubby)
- Lettuce- Reg 99¢ – I paid 59¢ Savings: 40¢ In the store add was coupon to get the 1 for 59¢.
I am now looking forward to looking at the new ads coming out and hunting down the coupons to go with them and see what the next adventure will be. Admittedly this was a trip for primarily coupon items and we still have to get other groceries but those will be purchases made where the everyday price is cheaper, however I will have my coupons with me there too.
The cool thing about the targeted trips is that you can get things for pennies on the dollar and begin to develop a stockpile of certain items in your pantry. A recommendation on that note is- make sure you store things like pastas and flour in air tight containers to protect them from weevils.
As I go through the ads and coupons this week I will try to make note and share what deals I find. If you find something- PLEASE leave a note here in the comment box below so we can all trade information.
Today’s recommendation: go to coupons.com and sign up to be able to print coupons from the site.